Tamaulipas State has been working with Mexican Federal Government through the National Program for Public Registry Modernization, using its technical and financial support in the implementation of the Program of Tamaulipas Estate Modernization since 2007.
INSTITUTIONAL MODERNIZATION OF THE TRADE AND LAND PROPERTY REGISTRY OF THE TAMAULIPAS STATE (MÉXICO).
Public Property Registry is one of the most important institutions dealing with ownership guarantees, promoting financial and legal stability needed to promote investment and economic development.
According to Federal Government Modernization Principles, Tamaulipas Government started implementing this program in November 2007.
- Obsolete Legal Framework approved in 1926
- Old fashioned Public Registry Procedures.
- More than 12.000 documents delayed.
- Lack of Legal certainty due to corruption.
- Centralized system at Victoria City, with difficult access to citizens.
- Lack of documented processes: coordination difficulties.
- Lack of qualified professionals. Only 40% of the people held University Degrees in Law before starting modernization process.
- Lack of career path with no training in legal aspects.
- More than 80,000 books being constantly used, with more than 5,000,000 entries.
- No Indicators for customer satisfaction.
- Lack of legal certainty in Property Registration due to incomplete property description.
- No restrictions access to Registry Documentation. Risks associated with removal and document deterioration.
- Insufficient fees caused financial problems.
- Sistema registral obsoleto, los sistemas informáticos existentes en el Registro no cumplían con los necesidades actuales del Registro y no permitían disponer de información adecuada para garantizar la operación.
- Low salaries level.
Government of Tamaulipas Goals implementing Modernization Program:
- Prevent and stop book and document removal and deterioration.
- Avoid legal uncertainty.
- Solve 12,000 documents delivery delay.
- Improve citizen service through opening of 5 new offices.
- Adapt Tamaulipas Land Property Registry to National Standard.
From the starting of the Project in 2007, Futuver has worked closely with the Tamaulipas Public Registry developing:
- Legal, organizational and Technological diagnosis of the Land Property Registry.
- Definition of new Registral Processes. Process Reengineering.
- Legal consultancy from our Legal Research and Development Center for the definition of a new Law for Public Property Registry, based in the New Model of the Public Property Registry defined at national level.
- Organizational Diagnosis Consultancy.
- Change Management.
- Staff Training in legal, organizational and quality issues related to service delivery.
- Implementation of career paths.
- 95 % of people hold University Degrees in Law.
- Computerization of Land Property Registry, ERP Tool for Registry Management: FUTUREG.
- Software Tool and ERP Training.
- Paper Free Processes through electronic procedures management.
- Electronic Signature in all the processes:
- Catch up working in accumulated delays of documental deliveries: drastic reduction in processes of document management.
- Decentralization of services: opening of five new offices in Mante, Tampico, Matamoros, Reynosa and Nuevo Laredo.
- Creation of “Instituto Registral y Catastral del Estado de Tamaulipas,” Decentralized Public Entity for Property Registration.
- Digitalization and scanning of more than 2,000,000 documents avoiding removal and deterioration.
- New indicators for quality and customer satisfaction.
- Salaries multiplied by three with the possibility of adding a 25% productivity bonus.
- Citizen registry approach. Opening of 6 new offices in the state registry, located at:
- Ciudad Victoria
- Nuevo Laredo
- Monitoring, Maintenance and Evolution of the Public Registry.
- Support the creation of the Registry and Cadastral Institute. A Public Registry of Property 6 Citizen Attention Offices, located throughout the State of Tamaulipas, 150 employees working and carrying out of 1,000 daily steps.